This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Northern Ireland Plant Breeding Station from (S62/47/1 x Dr McIntosh) in Loughgall (Northern Ireland, UK). Released in 1982.
- Year registered in Canada: 2003
- Registration number: 5582
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: short, compact, bushy; stems medium thick, numerous, mainly unbranched, weakly pigmented; wings waved, single; nodes not swollen and not pigmented; internodes faintly pigmented in axils.
- Leaves: dark green, glossy, moderately open, small.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; wavy margins; apex acuminate; base slightly cordate.
Primary leaflets: three to four pairs; narrowly ovate; apex acuminate; cordate base, very asymmetrical.
- Flowers: few white flowers on a short peduncle; lemon-yellow anthers; buds strongly pigmented, especially at base; peduncle and pedicel pigmented; few berry production.
- Tubers: round to oval; smooth white skin; moderately shallow eyes; white flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, pubescent; red-violet.
Moderately high yielding variety with a high number of uniform tubers per plant; medium-long dormancy period; low dry matter.Good storability.
Due to high production of tuber numbers, it is essential to ensure adequate moisture.
- Utilization: firm waxy cooked texture, good flavour, no after cooking discoloration; good for boiling and baking; excellent for packing and washing.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
High resistance: PVY, common scab.
Moderately resistant: powdery scab, leafroll.
Moderately susceptible: late blight, blackleg.
Susceptible: PVX, PVA, potato cyst nematodes.
References: 1, 3
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: