This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Ostara x Provita) by L. Bos, Ekkelwal, Assen, The Netherlands. Released in 1986.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4685
- Maturity: early
- Plants: medium height, spreading to semi-erect; stems very branching, not pigmented; wings prominent, straight single; nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: dark green; semi-open; midribs not pigmented and very pubescent; petioles not pigmented; very large leaf stipules.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; apex acuminate; base cordate and moderately asymmetrical; strongly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs; medium ovate; apex acuminate; base obtuse to cordate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: white corolla, very prominent star; lemon yellow anthers; buds not pigmented; no berry production.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth to rough light yellow skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; eyebrows moderately prominent; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; strong blue-violet colouration; base weakly pubescent; tip closed, strongly pubescent.
Medium to high yielding variety; large tubers of attractive appearance; uniform in grading; good resistance to internal bruising and drought. Short dormancy period; medium to high specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to floury texture; none to trace after cooking blackening; fair to good for boiling and baking; very good for chipping and frying.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and early processing into chips
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Highly resistant: PVA, PVY.
Good resistance: tuber late blight.
Moderately resistant: PVX, common scab, blackleg.
Moderately susceptible: leaf roll, fusarium dry rot.
Highly susceptible: foliage late blight.
References: 1, 4, 7.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: