This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (F72127 x Norgold Russet) by Agriculture and Agri Food Canada Research Center, Lethbridge, Alberta.
- Registration in Canada: deregistered
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: short; spreading; stems not pigmented; wings prominent, straight single; nodes slightly swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: dark green; semi-open; pubescent; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; deep veins; apex acuminate; base truncate and asymmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; broadly ovate; deep veins; apex acuminate; base truncate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; mauve corolla with very prominent star; orange anthers; buds moderately pigmented; peduncles not pigmented; low berry production.
- Tubers: oblong; russetted brown skin; shallow eyes, medium number per tuber, evenly distributed; eyebrows not prominent; white flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; moderately pubescent; base purple; tip green, semi-open habit.
Medium yielding variety; medium number of tubers per plant; good resistance to hollow heart and second growth; medium dormancy period; fair storability; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: firm texture; low boiling sloughing; low after cooking discolouration; good for baking and boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market (count carton).
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: common scab, verticillium wilt.
Moderately susceptible: early blight
References: 1, 2.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: