This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by E. Duursema from (Elvira x AM 66-42) in The Netherlands.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4702
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium tall, upright growth; stems not pigmented; prominent waved single wings, nodes slightly swollen.
- Leaves: medium green, open, lower surface very pubescent; midribs not pigmented and moderately pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; acuminate tip; obtuse to cordate base, moderately asymmetrical; moderately wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three pairs, narrowly ovate, acuminate tip, cordate and asymmetrical base.
- Flowers: very few, drop readily; small white corolla with prominent star; bright yellow anthers.
- Tubers: large, round oval; light yellow skin, smooth to slightly flaky; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; medium prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical, blue-violet, moderately pubescent.
Very high yielding variety that has a good resistance to drought. Very high dry matter content. Good storability aptitude. Medium dormancy period (6 months).
- Utilization: very good for baking, good for boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market, pre-packaging.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart and potato cyst nematode pathotypes Ro1 and Ro4.
Highly resistant: PVY.
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: