This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: originated from an open pollinated cross between "Irene" and an unknown male parent found by E. & G. Loo in Kensington, Prince Edward Island, in 1984.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4601
- Maturity: late to very late
- Plants: medium height, spreading; stems weakly pigmented; wings not prominent; medium to strongly swollen nodes, weakly pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, medium open; midribs and petioles weakly to moderately pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; apex acute; base obtuse and asymmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; apex cuspidate; base obtuse and strongly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: numerous, medium to large corolla, blue lavender; buds weakly pigmented; high berry production.
- Tubers: round; rough yellow skin; shallow to intermediate eyes, predominantly apical, eyebrows not prominent; dark yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; base weakly pubescent with a medium blue-violet pigmentation; apex moderately pubescent, not pigmented.
Medium high yielding variety; good storability; long dormancy period.
- Utilization: good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: late blight
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: