This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Svalöf Weibull AB from the cross (68/2144 x Sv 67108) in Svalöv (Sweden) in 1970.
- Registration in Canada: deregistered
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium height, semi-erect; stems and nodes not pigmented.
- Leaves: olive green, open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; apex acute; base cordate and symmetrical; slightly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: three to four pairs; narrowly ovate; apex acute; base cordate and symmetrical.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: few.
- Flowers: medium-sized white corolla; flower buds strongly pigmented.
- Tubers: round to oval; netted yellow skin; shallow eyes; creamy yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; purple; base moderately pubescent; apex strongly pubescent.
Medium to high yielding variety; uniform medium-sized tubers; low internal and external defects; medium dormancy period; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: mealy texture, medium boiling sloughing; low after cooking discoloration; good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart.
Good resistance: late blight.
Moderately susceptible: PVY.
Susceptible: common scab.
Highly susceptible: potato cyst nematode.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: