This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by P.R. and J.P. Dijkhuis from (Bellona x Estima) in 1971, Warfhuizen (Netherlands).
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4578
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: semi-erect, medium height; stems medium thick, without pigmentation; prominent double waved wings.
- Leaves: dark green, half open, weak to medium pubescence on lower surface.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, large; acuminate tip; symmetrical and cordate base; medium to strong wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five pairs; ovate, large; acuminate tip, cordate base with medium asymmetry.
- Flowers: few to medium profusion; buds weakly persistent, not pigmented; medium to large white corolla with a slightly prominent star; yellow-orange anthers.
- Tubers: round; white, smooth skin; shallow pink eyes with non-prominent pink eyebrows; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical shape with weak red-violet pigmentation; sprout base has medium pubescence; sprout tip is closed with no pubescence.
Medium to high yielding variety with good tubers uniformity and excellent virus resistance. High resistance to bruising; sensible to drought. Medium high dry matter content. Medium long dormancy. Heat treatment 3 to 4 weeks prior to planting is recommended due to eyes low set. Fairly slow to germinate.
- Utilisation : rather firm flesh with no or very few discolouration after cooking. Good for cooking, very good for frying.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and transformation.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: PVA, PVM, PVS, PVX.
Moderately resistant: common scab, tuber late blight, pathotype A of the golden nematode.
Moderately susceptible: PVY, leafroll, foliar late blight.
Susceptible: blackleg, potato wart.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: