This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on image for larger view
- Origin & Breeding: bred and selected by Agriculture Canada, the University of Guelph and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Guelph, Ontario, from the cross (G68211 x G6521-4RY) made in 1970.
- Year registered in Canada: 1987
- Registration number: 2833
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium size, spreading, floppy. Stems medium green with some reddish pigment speckled on it; slight straight wings.
- Leaves: yellowish green, open; pairs of leaflets not exact, especially towards base of leaf; midribs with slight wing and slightly pigmented at jonction with petiolule.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, acute tip.
Primary leaflets: narrowly ovate, acute tip; some small tertiary leaflets on petiolules.
Secondary leaflets: small, ovate.
- Flowers: buds pubescent, pigmented at base, dark band at articulation; small, dark purple corolla; golden yellow anthers; medium berry production.
- Tubers: round to oval; smooth to slightly flaky, pinkish red skin; medium deep eyes, uniformly distributed, brighter pink-red than skin; bright yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; very pubescent; base pinkish-red; apex pinkish-yellow.
Medium yielding variety; high number of tubers per plant; medium-small size; short dormancy; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: moist flesh texture; good for boiling and baking; acceptable chipping quality at harvest.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and seed export.
Reaction to Diseases
Good resistance: leaf roll, PVY.
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Susceptible: PVA, PVS, PVX.
References: 1, 6.
- Date modified: