This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: originated from the cross (Kingston x Desiree) bred by Plant Breeding International Cambridge ltd. in Cambridge (England) in 1981.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4700
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium height, semi-erect; weak to medium pigmentation on stems; prominent straight single wings; slightly swollen nodes.
- Leaves: olive green, half open, medium pubescence on lower surface, weak pigmentation and weak to medium pubescence on midrib.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; acuminate tip; obtuse base; moderately wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs, medium to large, narrowly ovate, acuminate tip, obtuse and strongly asymmetrical base.
- Flowers: few and small, faint red-purple corolla, lemon yellow anthers; peduncles are long and have weak to medium pigmentation; no berry production.
- Tubers: round to oval; white smooth skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; cream colored flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; base has medium pubescence and medium to strong pigmentation; apex is open with weak pubescence and medium pigmentation.
High yielding variety with good tubers uniformity. Good resistance to bruising and drought stress. Medium dry matter content. Medium dormancy period. Very good storage capabilities.
- Utilization: rather firm flesh; no boiling sloughing; very low after cooking discolouration. Particularly noted for its excellent flavour. Used for a range of markets.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, count carton trade.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato cyst nematode (G. rostochiensis)
Highly resistant: blackleg, gangrene, leaf roll.
Moderately resistant: PVY, common scab, powdery scab, tuber late blight.
Moderately susceptible: foliar late blight.
Susceptible: potato cyst nematode (G. Pallida).
References: 1, 3.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: