This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Delos x 92/456) at the breeding station of Nordostbayerischer Saatbauverband, Marktredwitz (Germany) in 1962.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4574
- Maturity: medium early
- Plants: medium high, spreading; stems not pigmented; wings not uniform; nodes swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium to light green, upper surface lustrous, semi-open.
Terminal leaflets: broadly ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical; margins not weavy.
Primary leaflets: medium ovate; tip cuspidate; base lobed and asymmetrical; margins not weavy.
- Flowers: medium profusion; white corolla; green flower buds; medium long peduncles, not pigmented; few berries.
- Tubers: long to oval; smooth yellow skin; shallow eyes; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; purplish-red; base slightly pubescent and slightly pigmented; tip not pigmented.
Medium to high yielding variety; tubers are medium sized, uniform, and show good resistance to external damage. Long dormancy period. Medium specific gravity.
Note: the variety's culinary quality remains unchanged after long storage periods.
- Utilization: good for boiling, baking, frying and salad; very good taste; fairly firm to firm texture.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart (Synchytrium endobioticum) race 1.
Highly resistant: rhizoctonia, blackleg, PVA.
Moderately resistant: late blight, common scab, PVY.
Moderately susceptible: early blight.
References: 1, 4.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: