This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred and selected by Plant Breeding International Cambridge Ltd., Cambridge, England, from (LR3 x D42-8) in 1979.
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4699
- Maturity: late.
- Plants: medium height, semi-erect. Stems medium thin, strong pigmentation; slightly swollen nodes; waved single wings.
- Leaves: dark green, moderately open; midribs moderately to strongly pigmented, moderately pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, acuminate tip, cordate and symetrical base.
Primary leaflets: 3 to 4 pairs, narrowly ovate, acuminate tip, symmetrical and cordate base, medium size.
- Flowers: numerous inflorescences with many flowers each, medium pigmentation on buds, blue-violet corolla with small white tips, orange anthers, strong to very strong pigmentation on peduncule. Medium berry production.
- Tubers: oval; smooth, light yellow skin; few, shallow and predominantly apical eyes; medium yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, blue-violet, weak to moderate pubescence, apex closed.
Medium to high yielding variety with excellent virus resistance. Grows well in a wide range of climates. Moderately resistant to drought and bruising. Medium long dormancy. High specific gravity.
- Utilization: very good for french frying, moderately good for chipping.
- Chief Market: fresh market, processing and exportation.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: PVX, PVA, golden nematode (RO1).
Highly resistant: leaf roll.
Moderately resistant: dry rot.
Moderately susceptible: PVY, late blight, common scab, powdery scab.
Susceptible: potato wart.
Very susceptible: blackleg.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: