This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Saskia x 92/456) at the breeding station of Nordostbayerischer Saatbauverband, Marktredwitz (Germany) in 1959.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4573
- Maturity: medium early
- Plants: medium tall, spreading, open, deeply sunk-in top; wings prominent, waved.
- Leaves: light green, medium large.
Leaflets: broadly ovate, smooth, wavy margins.
- Flowers: few, small white corolla; flower bud slightly pigmented; peduncle short to medium, purple mottled.
- Tubers: oval to oblong; smooth to netted ochre skin; shallow eyes; yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid to cylindrical; base slightly pubescent, weakly pigmented of red-purple; apex very weakly pigmented.
Medium high yielding variety; excellent storability; medium high dry matter. Moderately susceptible to internal defects, highly resistant to injuries.
- Utilization: mostly firm cooking texture; good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: race 1 of potato wart.
Good resistance: PVA, early blight.
Moderately susceptible: common scab, leaf late blight.
Highly susceptible: PVY.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: