This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Dr. J. J. Pavek in Aberdeen (Idaho) from the cross (Butte x A77268-4) and released jointly by the Oregon, Idaho and Washington Agricultural Experiment Stations and the USDA in 1998.
- Year registered in Canada: 2001
- Registration number: 5352
- Maturity: medium late
- Plants: semi-erect, rounded canopy, medium height. Stems of medium thickness, weak pigmentation. Waved single wings. Medium swelling of nodes.
- Leaves: dark green, half open, medium underside pubescence.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate, acute tip, obtuse and symmetrical base.
Primary leaflets: small, narrowly ovate, acute tip, cordate base.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: 9 to 20.
- Flowers: sparse, from reddish-purple to whitish lavender with darker phase predominant; white flowered mutants on rare occasions.
- Tubers: long, oblong to ovoid; russetted and dark tan coloured skin; many moderately shallow eyes, evenly distributed; white flesh.
- Sprouts: red-violet, conical shape, base very pubescent, closed apex.
Medium to high yielding variety, good tuber uniformity. Tuber specific gravity higher and more uniform than Russet Burbank; lighter fry color that holds up well throughout the storage season. Less susceptible than Russet Burbank to tuber shape and physiological problems induced by moisture stress. Relatively resistant to hollow heart, brown centre and internal brown spot. Medium long dormancy period.
- Utilization: very good for boiling, baking, frying and chipping; excellent choice for processing because of low sugar and high starch content.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and processing.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: net necrosis from leaf roll, tuber late blight, common scab.
Moderately resistant: PVY, Verticillium wilt.
Moderately susceptible: early blight, Erwinia soft rot.
Susceptible: Fusarium dry rot.
Highly susceptible: leafroll, foliar late blight.
Send us your comments regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: