Description for Variety Certificate CFIA/ACIA 0006
Description for Variety Certificate - Does Not Meet EC Rules and Standards:
This document must be filled out for a seed lot certified under the OECD Seed Schemes but which does not meet, or is not required to meet, European Council (EC) Rules and Standards. This document is to be used for not finally certified (NFC) seed.
One of four options must be checked off on the form to indicate that the variety certificate is issued under the OECD Scheme for Varietal Certification of:
- Grass and Legume Seed (1)
- Crucifer Seed and other Oil or Fibre Species Seed (2)
- Cereal Seed (3)
- Maize and Sorghum Seed (4)
Name of Designated Authority issuing the certificate: Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Ottawa, Canada.
There are seven fields to fill in.
- Species (1)
- Reference No. (2)
- Variety (3)
Number of Containers (4)
- Declared Weight of Lot (5)
- For Maize Seed Only (6) has 3 options to choose from:
- Open Pollinated (i)
- Cross (ii)
- Inbred Line (iii)
- Name or Code No. (7)
The seed lot bearing this reference number has been produced in accordance with the Scheme and is approved as one of the following four options:
- Pre-basic seed (white label with diagonal violet stripe) (1)
- Basic seed (white label) (2)
- Certified Seed, 1st or 2nd generation (red label) (3)
- Not finally certified seed (gray label) (4)
There are lines for the inspector to fill in inspector signature, place and date.