Due to maintenance, this website may be temporarily unavailable January 17 from 2 am to 7 am (EST).
Expert Advisory Committee
The Expert Advisory Committee provides the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) with objective professional and technical advice on key issues related to the CFIA's three business lines: food safety, animal health and plant health.
The committee could be engaged to:
- link into academic and scientific research
- comment on proposals for CFIA program and policy frameworks
- comment on CFIA priorities and risk management strategies
- provide insight into industry and international trends and developments
- advise on selected issues as requested by the CFIA
The committee reports to the Agency through the CFIA's President and the Executive Vice President, who are the chair and vice-chair of the committee.
Terms of reference
The current membership of the Expert Advisory Committee is:
Dr. Samuel K. Asiedu
Ministerial Advisory Board
The Ministerial Advisory Board (MAB) is established under Section 10 of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act.
The mandate of the Ministerial Advisory Board is to advise the Minister of Health on:
- issues relevant to Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) activities
- the Minister's responsibilities for the overall direction of the CFIA
The Board will focus on discussing a variety of topics, including:
- the strategic direction and priorities of the CFIA as reflected in its key planning documents
- the policy and program frameworks that govern CFIA operations
- the effects of developments in science and testing methods
- the systems for communicating and consulting with stakeholders
The Board will consider issues requested by the Minister, and the Minister may direct the Board to consider and provide advice on any issue consistent with the mandate of the Board.
The Board shall provide impartial and independent advisory services and make recommendations in support of the Board's mandate.
The Board may provide advice to the Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food on issues relating to her authorities.
Terms of reference
The current membership of the Ministerial Advisory Board is:
- Nancy Croitoru, Chair
- Alastair Cribb
- JoAnne L. Buth
- Dr. David Chalack D.V.M.
- Keith Mussar
- Suzanne T. Roy
- Ruth Salmon
- Charles Murphy
Value Chain Roundtables
The Value Chain Roundtables (VCRTs) were launched in 2003 as part of a shared vision between industry and government to enhance Canadian competitiveness and profitability. At the roundtables, key industry leaders from across the value chain meet with federal and provincial government policy makers. Industry leaders come from the following areas:
- food service industries
The roundtables are industry-specific and focus on the individual needs of each value chain. Each roundtable is industry-led and is supported by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Value Chain Roundtable Secretariat. The CFIA is an active member of all ten of these national roundtables:
- Agri-Subcommittee on Food Safety
- Beef Value Chain Roundtable
- Food Processing Industry Roundtable
- Grains Innovation Roundtable
- Horticulture Value Chain Roundtable
- Organic Value Chain Roundtable
- Pork Value Chain Roundtable
- Pulse Industry Roundtable
- Seafood Value Chain Roundtable
- Special Crops Value Chain Roundtable
- Date modified: