Framing competitiveness and innovation for success
Current status: Open
Opened on January 18, 2021 and will close on March 19, 2021
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is seeking your feedback on how to further strengthen its regulations, services and programs to help enable competitiveness and innovation in the agriculture and agri-food sector. We are looking for input particularly from businesses operating in Canada in the agriculture and agri-food sector, and those who may have an interest in this area.
The consultation will be open for a 60-day period from January 18, 2021 to March 19, 2021.
Join in: how to participate
- Read the consultation document: Framing competitiveness and innovation for success
- Complete the online questionnaire
Tip: When completing the questionnaire, open the consultation document in a separate tab
Who is the focus of this consultation
The CFIA will engage with:
- Canadian businesses in the agriculture and agri-food sector including small and medium-sized enterprises and businesses owned and operated by diverse population groups including but not limited to Indigenous Peoples
Key questions for discussion
The CFIA is seeking your input on the following areas:
- Cumulative impacts of incremental regulatory requirements
- Considerations for small and medium-sized enterprises, diversity groups and Indigenous peoples
- Prioritization of regulatory activities to support market access of new/innovative products
Your input will help inform how the CFIA re-positions its regulations, programs and services to further enable competitiveness, and innovation in the agriculture and agri-food sector.
Online bilingual information sessions will be held. To register, please submit your request via the email links below:
Please note that your feedback will be captured only through the online questionnaire.
- Targeted Regulatory Review: Agri-food and Aquaculture Roadmap
- Report of Canada's Economic Strategy Tables: Agri-food
Program Policy Integration Division
1400 Merivale Road
Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0Y9
- Date modified: