Proposal – Maximum nutrient values in fish feeds (freshwater and marine) – Closed consultation
Current status: Closed
The consultation ran from February 23, 2018 to March 30, 2018
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) launched a 35-day public consultation to seek comments from stakeholders concerning the proposed maximum nutrient levels in fish feeds.
Stakeholders are being provided with an opportunity to comment on all proposals, including the maximum nutrient values being suggested for each species or class of species, before they are incorporated into a regulatory framework.
Who was the focus of this consultation
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) hoped to engage with all stakeholders including:
- suppliers of feed ingredients
- commercial feed manufacturers
- feed importers, distributors and retailers
- industry associations
- other government departments and
- international trading partners
All comments were welcome, whether from industry, governments, the public, or other organizations or individuals.
Key questions for discussion
The CFIA was seeking feedback on the proposal to modify the regulatory requirements related to maximum nutrient content in livestock feed:
- Do you have any concerns with the proposal to remove the Table 4 nutrient levels from the Feeds Regulations and no longer exempting feeds from registration based on the nutrient content of the feeds?
- Do you have any concerns with the proposal to establish maximum nutrient values for livestock feeds?
- Do you have any concerns with the proposed maximum nutrient values outlined in Appendix I for fish feeds?
- Would the proposed amendments to the Feeds Regulations be effective in protecting human and animal health and the environment?
- Are there options not mentioned in this proposal that should be explored?
- Any additional feedback?
The input gathered through this process will be used by the CFIA to prepare a comprehensive regulatory proposal for publication in the Canada Gazette Part I.
What we heard
Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Animal Feed Division
59 Camelot Drive
Ottawa, ON K1A 0Y9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: