Canadian Food Inspection Agency Fees Notice
Part 7 - Honey Fees
1. (1) The definitions in this subsection apply in this Part.
"Act" means the Safe Food for Canadians Act. (Loi)
"Regulations" means the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. (Règlement)
(2) Unless otherwise provided in this Part, other words and expressions have the same meaning as in the Act and the Regulations.
2. (1) The fee set out in item 1 of the table to this Part shall be paid at the time the application for the licence or renewal of the licence is submitted.
(2) The fees set out in items 3 and 7 of that table shall be paid on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
(3) Subject to section 3, the fee set out in item 4 of that table shall be paid at the time a request for a certificate or other document referred to in section 48 of the Act is made.
(4) Subject to section 3, the fees set out in items 2, 5 and 6 of the table shall be paid on delivery of the inspection results.
3. If a person has a charge account with the Agency, the fees referred to in subsections 2(3) or (4) are payable on receipt of an invoice from the Agency.
4. Despite section 2, the fees set out in items 3 to 7 of the table to this Part shall be paid before the service is provided if the person who requests that service
(a) has previously failed to pay a fee set out in this Notice; or
(b) does not have a fixed place of residence in Canada.
Service, Right, Product, Privilege or Use
|For the issuance of a licence under section 20 of the Act or the renewal of a licence under section 22 of the Act||$250 per licence, valid for 2 years|
|For the inspection of an establishment in which a licence holder conducts the activities identified in a licence:|
|(a) in the case of a producer-grader establishment||$100 per year per establishment if the establishment is inspected in the year|
|(b) in the case of a packing establishment||$200 per year per establishment if the establishment is inspected in the year|
|(c) in the case of a pasteurizing establishment||$400 per year per establishment if the establishment is inspected in the year|
|For the verification of import information referred to in subsection 13(1) of the Regulations, and inspection under section 24 of the Act||$5 per shipment or 1¢ per kilogram of honey in the shipment, whichever is the greater amount|
|For the inspection of honey under section 24 of the Act before export for the purpose of issuing a certificate or other document referred to in section 48 of the Act||$150 per shipment|
|5.||For the inspection of honey under section 24 of the Act carried out for purposes other than export||$150 per inspection|
|6.||For an appeal inspection, the fee payable is the applicable fee set out in item 4 or 5 unless the results of the original inspection are not confirmed by the appeal inspection, in which case no fee is payable|
|For services provided by an inspector, upon request from a person, for the purpose of helping that person to meet the requirements of the Act or the Regulations||$21.75 per quarter hour, the time being rounded off to the nearest quarter hour, subject to a minimum fee of $87|
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: