Annually Notifiable Diseases
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
These diseases are present in Canada and are a concern to some of Canada's trading partners. Only laboratories are required to contact the CFIA regarding the suspicion or diagnosis of these diseases.
Facilities working with animal or zoonotic pathogens must comply with the Containment Standards for Facilities Handling Aquatic Animal Pathogens.
- Bacterial kidney disease (Renibacterium salmoninarum)
- Enteric red mouth disease (Yersinia ruckeri)
- Furunculosis (Aeromonas salmonicida)
- Streptococcosis (Streptococcus iniae)
- QPX disease (Quahog parasite unknown)
- Seaside organism (Haplosporidium costale)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: