- Government of Canada announces changes to humane transport requirements under the Health of Animals Regulations
- Amendments to the Health of Animals Regulations (humane transport)
- Codes of practice for the care and handling of farm animals (transportation)
- Humane handling and slaughter of food animals in Canada
- Livestock Transport in Canada (poster)
Services and information
Responsibilities, regulations and guidance to ensure animals are fit for transport.
Policy and guidance for transporting compromised and unfit animals.
Keep animals safe from harm and injury when they travel by land, air or sea.
Guidance to ensure horses are fit for transport and designated border ports for entry.
Measures for transporting animals during cold weather.
Measures for transporting animals during hot and humid weather.
Regulations to prevent injury and suffering of all animals.
Provincial and territorial legislation concerning farm animal welfare.
Interpretative guidance for regulated parties on regulatory amendment for the transportation of animals.
- Date modified: