The National Sheep Producer Biosecurity Planning Guide
Appendix 2: Government and Industry Resources for the Sheep Sector
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
One the best sources of information for biosecurity and any other animal health related information is your flock veterinarian. It is understood that in some areas of the country, a flock veterinarian with expertise in sheep medicine may not be available locally. To assist you with locating a veterinarian for your flock, the veterinary medical association for each province is provided below and each association has a database of veterinarians and veterinary clinics for that province.
- College of Veterinarians of British Columbia
- Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
- Saskatchewan Veterinary Medical Association
- Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association
- College of Veterinarians of Ontario
- Ordre des médecins vétérinaires du Québec (French only)
- New Brunswick Veterinary Medical Association
- Nova Scotia Veterinary Medical Association
- Prince Edward Island Veterinary Medical Association
- Newfoundland and Labrador Veterinary Medical Association
- Centre d'expertise en production ovine du Québec
Other resources are also available that can either provide you with the needed information or can help direct you to the most appropriate contact.
Many provincial governments have supplementary resources on sheep flock management and biosecurity. There may also be veterinary extension specialists available for your flock veterinarian to contact and gather additional information.
- British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture
- Alberta Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture
- Manitoba Department of Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives
- Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Le Ministère de l'Agriculture, Pêcheries et Alimentation du Québec (French only)
- New Brunswick Department of Agriculture, Aquaculture and Fisheries
- Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture
- Prince Edward Island Department of Agriculture and Forestry
- Newfoundland & Labrador Department of Natural Resources
For current information on the sheep industry in Canada including information on a number of sheep industry associations, visit the Canadian Sheep Federation.
Additional sources for information on developing and implementing biosecurity plans may be found at the following sources.
- Ontario Livestock and Poultry Council
- Date modified: