The National Sheep On-Farm Biosecurity Standard
Appendix B – List of Reference Documents
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
- Antonia M. Clavijo, B.M. "Effect of the exploitation system on the appearance of mastitis in goat in two farm in Falcon state, their etiologic agents and antimicrobial resistance." Zootecnia Tropical 20, 383-395 (2002).
- Bates, T.W., Thurmond, M.C. & Carpenter, T.E. "Direct and indirect contact rates among beef, dairy, goat, sheep, and swine herds in three California counties, with reference to control of potential foot-and-mouth disease transmission." American Journal of Veterinary Research 62, 1121-1129 (2001).
- Carpenter, T.E. et al. "Potential impact of an introduction of foot-and-mouth disease into the California State Fair." Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 231, 1231-1235 (2007).
- Dement, A.I. & Craddock, B.F. "Biosecurity for Sheep and Goat Producers." Texas A&M University
- Farquharson, B. "A whole farm approach to planned animal health and production for sheep clients in Australia." Small Ruminant Research 86, 26-29 (2009).
- Ganter, M. "Veterinary consultancy and health schemes in sheep: Experiences and reflections from a local German outlook." Small Ruminant Research 76, 55-67 (2008).
- Ghanem, Y.M. et al. "Prevalence and risk factors of caprine arthritis encephalitis virus infection (CAEV) in Northern Somalia." Small Ruminant Research 85, 142-148 (2009).
- Givens, M.D. & Marley, M.S.D. "Infectious causes of embryonic and fetal mortality." Theriogenology 70, 270-85 (2008).
- Häusermann, C. et al. "Surveillance and simulation of bovine spongiform encephalopathy and scrapie in small ruminants in Switzerland." BMC Veterinary Research 6, 20 (2010).
- Howell, S.B. et al. "Prevalence of anthelmintic resistance on sheep and goat farms in the southeastern United States." Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 233, 1913-1919 (2008).
- Humann-Ziehank, E. & Ganter, M. "Preventive animal health in Small Ruminants - Results of an interdisciplinary workshop Part 2: Infectious diseases." Tieraerztliche Umschau 61, 91-+ (2006).
- Kabagambe, E.K. et al. "Risk factors for Brucella seropositivity in goat herds in eastern and western Uganda." Preventive Veterinary Medicine 52, 91-108 (2001).
- Kitching, R.P. & Hughes, G.J. "Clinical variation in foot and mouth disease: sheep and goats." Revue Scientifique et Technique de L'Office International Des Epizooties 21, 505-512 (2002).
- Kumar, S., Vihan, V.S. & Deoghare, P.R. "Economic implication of diseases in goats in India with reference to implementation of a health plan calendar." Small Ruminant Research 47, 159-164 (2003).
- Menzies, P.I. "Control of important causes of infectious abortion in sheep and goats." The Veterinary Clinics of North America Food Animal Practice 27, 81-93 (2011).
- Menzies, P. & Simard, C. "Ontario Maedi Visna Flock Status Program: Definitions and protocols governing the program and additional information." University of Guelph 1-29 (2007).
- Merkel, R.C. & Gipson, T.A. "Change in behavior of goat producers after on-line training in herd health practices." Small Ruminant Research 98, 31-34 (2011).
- Merkel, R. "Introduction to a Meat Goat Quality Assurance Program and HACCP." Langston University.
- Mobley, R. & Lyttle-N'guessan, C. "The Herd Health Handbook for Goat Producers: Biosecurity at the Farm Level." Florida A&M University (2009).
- Mobley, R. & Lyttle-N'guessan, C. "The Herd Health Handbook for Goat Producers: Food Safety at the Farm Gate: A Holistic Approach to Food Safety and Herd Health." Florida A&M University
- Mobley, R., Lyttle-N'guessan, C. & Peterson, T. "The Herd Health Handbook for Goat Producers: Control of Parasites in Goats." Florida A&M University (2009).
- Moore, D.A. et al. "Comparison of published recommendations regarding biosecurity practices for various production animal species and classes." Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 233, 249-56 (2008).
- Nöremark, M., Frössling, J. & Lewerin, S.S. "Application of routines that contribute to on-farm biosecurity as reported by Swedish livestock farmers." Transboundary and Emerging Diseases 57, 225-36 (2010).
- Oliveira, C.J.B. et al. "On farm risk factors associated with goat milk quality in Northeast Brazil." Small Ruminant Research 98, 64-69 (2011).
- Olson, E.J. et al. "Isolation of an Adenovirus and an Adeno-Associated Virus from Goat Kids with Enteritis." Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 16, 461-464 (2004).
- Reviriego, F.J., Moreno, M.A. & Dominguez, L. "Risk factors for brucellosis seroprevalence of sheep and goat flocks in Spain." Preventive Veterinary Medicine 44, 167-173 (2000).
- Seuberlich, T., Heim, D. & Zurbriggen, A. "Atypical transmissible spongiform encephalopathies in ruminants: a challenge for disease surveillance and control." Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation 22, 823-842 (2010).
- Thunes, C. & Carpenter, T.E. "Biosecurity practices and travel history of individuals exhibiting livestock at the 2005 California State Fair." Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 231, 581-5 (2007).
- Winter, A.C. "Treatment and control of hoof disorders in sheep and goats." The Veterinary Clinics of North America Food Animal Practice 27, 187-92 (2011).
- Wrathall, A.E. "Risks of transmission of spongiform encephalopathies by reproductive technologies in domesticated ruminants." Livestock Production Science 62, 287-316 (2000).
- Wrathall, A.E. "Risks of transmitting scrapie and bovine spongiform encephalopathy by semen and embryos." Revue Scientifique et Technique - Office International des Epizooties 16, 240-264 (1997).
- "Sheep and Goat Industries Biosecurity Plan." Government of Western Australia Department of Agriculture 1-64 (2002).
- "Sheep/Goat Industry Biosecurity Plan." farmbiosecurity.com.au 1-4 (2003).
- "Goat MAP: Rules and Guidelines of the Australian Johne's Disease Market Assurance Program for Goats." Animal Health Australia, Goat Industry Council of Australia Inc., Nation Johne's Program 1-67 (2009).
- "Goat 2009 Part II: Reference of Goat Health and Marketing Practices in the United States, 2009." Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (2011).
- Date modified: