Description for image – Vitals Exam Record
Sample form for vitals exam record
The form heading reads: Vitals Exam Record – When at competition or any commingling venue.
The heading is followed by a paragraph: Monitor rectal temperature twice per day. If temperature exceeds normal value, perform a horse health check and contract your veterinarian as necessary.
The form then contains two fields:
- Horse Name
- Horse Identification
The rest of the form is a table used to collect the following information:
- Under the header Normal values: Date
- Under the header 37.0-38.5°C (98.6-101.3°F) Adult at rest , 37.5-38.9°C (99.5-102.0°F) Foals/Newborn:
- Temperature am (°C)
- Temperature pm (°C)
- Under the header 10-14 breaths per minute Adult at rest, 20-40 breaths per minute in foals or newborns:
- Respiratory rate (Breaths per minute)
- Under the header 28-44 bpm Adult at rest, 80-100 bpm Foals/Newborn
- Heart rate in Beats per minute (bpm)