Bovine Tuberculosis (Bovine TB) investigation - Western Canada (Investigation closed 2018-04-30)
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has received the final laboratory culture results from the bovine tuberculosis (TB) investigation. All of the results were negative and the investigation closed in April 2018.
Case response at a glance
- 6 cases of bovine TB in a single herd
- 34,000 animals tested on 145 farms
- No source of infection identified
- $39 million in compensation payments for producers
- Case response overview
- Information provided during the active investigation
- 2018-03-25 - Ministers tour farm at the centre of Western Canada’s bovine Tuberculosis outbreak
The Agency is working with the provincial governments to support the testing of wildlife for bovine TB. There will be active surveillance of elk in southeast Alberta (WMU 732) in 2018.
- Date modified: