General Producer Guide - National Avian On-Farm Biosecurity Standard
Annex G - Sample Standard Operating Procedures - Footbath Maintenance
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Footbaths are to be controlled using the following monitoring schedule:
- Clean and maintain footbaths every Thursday before end of day.
- Check footbaths daily before start of day.
- If a footbath requires cleaning or recharging, do so immediately.
The following seven steps are to be carried out as required by the footbath monitoring schedule:
- Empty the used disinfectant into a bucket.
- Wash the footbath container with hot soap and water.
- Empty the used soap and water into the bucket containing the used disinfectant.
- Empty the rinse water into the bucket.
- Recharge the footbath with fresh disinfectant at the desired concentration.
- Dispose of the water and used disinfectant in the bucket. (This is site specific, but should occur without crossing biosecurity zones.)
- Date modified: