In Canada, veterinary biologics are regulated by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). Veterinary biologics are animal health products such as vaccines, antibody products, and in vitro diagnostic test kits that are used for the prevention, treatment, or diagnosis of infectious diseases in animals, including domestic livestock, poultry, pets, wildlife, and fish.
What information is available?
- Environmental assessments
- Frequently asked questions
- Veterinary biologics licensed in Canada
Additional government and industry information
- COMPAS - Label Retrieval System
- Health Canada - Veterinary Drugs Directorate
- United States Department of Agriculture - Center for Veterinary Biologics
- Notice to industry - Amendments to the CFIA Fees Notice
- Notice to Industry - New bilingual labelling regulations for veterinary biologics and seed treated with pest control products
- Date modified: