Calling all budding #JuniorCFIA scientists
Have you ever felt sick after eating something?
Why is everyone constantly telling you to wash your hands?
It's not fall yet, so why are the leaves on that ash tree turning yellow?
Let's work together to figure out these answers (and more)! At CFIA, we work to keep Canada's food safe and plants and animals healthy. It's a big job, so we're always looking for more helpers, no matter their age.
If you're up for the challenge, complete the activities below. You'll be an expert in no time. We love to see young scientists in action. Share photos of your progress on social media using #JuniorCFIA and show us what you're up to!
Let's get started
Ask a grown-up before downloading these activities. From what we've heard, two minds are better than one, so find a partner and double the fun.
1. Food safety
Why should you wash your hands before eating? Why is it important to quickly put away groceries? Why do you need to be careful when making lunches? Learn about food safety by completing this booklet filled with fun activities.
2. Canada's 10 least wanted foodborne pathogens
Help fight the bad guys! Learn their sneaky attack moves to better protect yourself and others from getting sick, then put your knowledge to the test.
3. Harvesting shellfish in Atlantic Canada
On land or off, food safety is always important. Decode how to safely harvest, store, handle and prepare shellfish.
4. Emerald Ash Borer: Find the beetle
Help us protect ash trees! A dangerous beetle is putting them at risk, but you have the power to stop this forest enemy.
5. Become a superhero
Finished all other activities? It's time to meet some of our most heroic scientists at Team CFIA. Get inspired and create your own one-of-a-kind trading card.
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Chronicle 360 has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on one of our stories? Contact CFIA Media Relations to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch!
- Never miss a story. Subscribe to Chronicle 360 today.
- Date modified: