Import declaration made easier
Canadian businesses are looking for the easiest import processes possible. That's why The Single Window Initiative was developed.
If you or your business imports regulated goods into Canada, the Single Window Initiative now offers an Integrated Import Declaration. This system provides:
- Simplified import process
- Reduced paper burden
- Decreased cost of doing business
- Reduced time in processing one import transaction
- Streamlined submission process
The CFIA is excited to be part of this initiative led by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), which offers the opportunity to migrate Import Declaration Services to a more modern and reliable platform.
Under this initiative, all required information can be submitted in one consolidated electronic package via the Integrated Import Declaration. This will also support the automated validation of electronic information.
In the future, the Single Window Initiative's Integrated Import Declaration will be the only electronic option for reporting all CFIA regulated imports.
Importers, customs brokers and software service providers should apply to use the Integrated Import Declaration today to take advantage of the new and simpler way to declare imports.
To apply, contact the CBSA's Technical Commercial Client Unit at:
- Telephone: 1-888-957-7224
- Email: TCCU-USTCC@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca
- Want more stories like this? Explore what else Chronicle 360 has to offer.
- Interested in reporting on one of our stories? Contact CFIA Media Relations to arrange an interview with one of our experts.
- Have a story idea or feedback to share? Get in touch!
- Never miss a story. Subscribe to Chronicle 360 today.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: