CFIA's Incident Command System on COVID-19 continues to monitor the situation. In addition, CFIA is working with other Government of Canada departments to:
- maintain a safe and healthy workplace for employees
- prepare for and respond to any potential changes in the situation
- ensure emergency preparedness plans are in place to support business continuity
All managers/supervisors should:
- have a copy of their up-to-date branch Business Continuity Plan (BCP) at work and at home, and understand their responsibilities related to it. The BCP outlines measures, procedures, roles and responsibilities that will help ensure minimal or no interruption to critical services and assets
- update their team contact information lists (including personal information) and ensure they can access it in case of emergency
All employees should:
- give their manager up-to-date contact information. This information should also be updated in PeopleSoft
- make note of CFIA's toll-free 24/7 Emergency and Business Continuity Hotline (1-855-227-2342), which can be reached from anywhere in the country. This number is available on the back of your security pass. In the event of a disruption to CFIA operations, this hotline will play back a pre-recorded message explaining the nature of the emergency and what to do.
- discuss with their manager whether their position was identified as essential in the BCP, and understand their responsibilities related to it.
- Date modified: