Iraq - Export requirements for honey
- Canadian honey and other apiculture products prepared in a federally registered or licenced honey establishment
Note: Apiculture products (such as honeycomb (comb honey), flavoured honey, royal jelly, bee propolis, and bee pollen) and honey for human consumption are regulated under the Safe Food for Canadians Act, the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations, the Food and Drugs Act, and the Food and Drugs Regulations.
Pre-export approvals by the competent authority of the importing country
- Permit issued by the Ministry of Agriculture-Iraq
- Copy of import permit must be provided to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) prior to receiving export certification for honey or apiculture products
Provincial sanitary certificate
- The provincial sanitary certificate is provided to the exporter by the provincial apiarist and is for CFIA internal use only, as a supporting document for final certification.
- This certificate provides assurances regarding bee disease status at the apiaries from which the honey was obtained:
- American foulbrood (Paenibacillus larvae)
- Small hive beetle (Aethina tumida)
- Health Certificate for export of honey and other apiculture products intended for human consumption to Iraq
- Date modified: