Fiji - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
- pre-cooked in Cryovac bags
- Canned meat products (sterile)
- Canned animal fat (sterile) and food products containing animal fats
In the case of sterile canned meat, up to 2% of the consignment may be subject to bacteriological examination to ensure the absence of bacteriological growth. For sterile canned animal fat, the consignments are subject to bacteriological examination on arrival.
- Fresh meat products
Pre-export approvals by competent authority of importing country
- Before any shipment of meat product to the Fiji Islands is made, an import permit must be obtained from the Assistant Director of Agriculture, Animal Health and Production Division, Ministry of Agriculture of Fiji.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
Time and temperature of sterilization process, in the case of sterilized canned products, shall be indicated.
Ministry of Agriculture
Hugh Robinson Complex
Grantham Rd, Raiwaqa
Tel.: +679 338 4233/3383583
Fax: +679 338 5234
- Date modified: