France - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
See export requirements for the European Union (EU) or for Saint Pierre and Miquelon (as necessary).
- Specified risk materials (SRM)
- Animal products destined for France must not contain certain animal products of ruminant origin and must be certified accordingly. For more information see Annex A (France) and Annex B (EU) for details.
Production controls and inspection requirements
- The SRM requirement applies to, and certification must be issued for, the following products:
- fresh meat derived from bovine, ovine and caprine
- minced meat and preparations
- meat products and other products derived from animals (meat extracts, greaves and meat powder)
- milk products for human consumption containing gelatin or tallow
- fishery products for human consumption containing gelatin or tallow
- egg products for human consumption containing gelatin or tallow
- snails or frog's legs for human consumption containing gelatin or tallow
- rendered animal fat
- gelatin for human consumption
- bones and bone products for human consumption
- mechanically separated meats
- processed animal proteins containing gelatin or tallow
- products not intended for human consumption
Note: All certification must be issued in the French language.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
- Annex A (France) – Additional certificate for edible products of animal origin
- Annex B (EU) – Additional certificate for exportation of treated intestines of bovine, ovine, and caprine species to the EU
- Date modified: