Peru - Export requirements for meat and poultry products
- boneless meat from cattle of all ages
- bone-in meat from cattle less than thirty (30) months old (UTM) at the time of slaughter
- offal (tongues, hearts, ruminant stomachs/tripe, livers, kidneys)
- bone-in beef meat derived from animals over thirty (30) months old (OTM) at the time of slaughter
- offal (cuts and organs not listed above)
- Poultry meat
Pre-export approvals by competent authority of importing country
- Establishments must appear on Annex 1 List of Establishments Approved to Export to Peru.
Production controls and inspection requirements
- Meat products may be subjected to chemical residue and microbiological testing upon arrival in Peru.
Preparation of tripe using sodium hydroxide
- Health Canada's position is as follows:
No objection will be taken to the use of a weak solution of sodium hydroxide in the tripe washing, scalding and denuding operations with the understanding that:
- good manufacturing practices are followed;
- only use the amount necessary to achieve the required technical effect;
- and, the food products are subject to a final potable water rinse.
Labelling, marking and packaging requirements
- The date of production must appear on the label of each shipping container.
- Transport containers must be sealed with an official seal.
- Certificate of Inspection Covering Meat Products (CFIA/ACIA 1454)
Annex B – Poultry meatFootnote 1 exported to Peru Addendum to: CFIA/ACIA 1454
Annex B shall not be issued as this country has imposed a ban relative to Avian Influenza.
- Annex C – Pork meatFootnote 2 exported to Peru Addendum to: CFIA/ACIA 1454
- Annex D – Boneless beef exported to Peru
- Annex D-1 – Bone-in beef exported to Peru
- Annex D-2 – Edible beef offalFootnote 3 exported to Peru
- Date modified: