Former - Labelling requirements for confectionery, chocolate and snack food products
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements. This former page of the Industry Labelling Tool reflects the former requirements.
For information on the new labelling requirements, consult Labelling requirements for confectionery, chocolate and snack food products.
On this page
- Standardized common names for chocolate and cocoa products
- Modified standardized common names for chocolate products
- "Chocolate" as part of the common name
- Common name for boxed confections
- "Semi-sweet", "Bitter-sweet", "Sweetened", "Sweet"
- Belgian chocolate
- Cocoa vs cacao
- Potato crisps
- Salt and vinegar flavoured chips
- Trail mix
- List of ingredients
- Net quantity
- Percentage statements on nuts
- Nutrition labelling
- Voluntary claims and statements
- Other claims and representations
- Date modified: