Former - Health Claims
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements. This former page of the Industry Labelling Tool reflects the former requirements.
For information on the new labelling requirements, consult Health Claims.
Table of Contents
- Steps for Determining the Type of Health Claim
- Foods or Natural Health Products (NHP)
- Drugs vs. Foods
- Drug Representations and Pre-market Approval
- Acceptable Disease Risk Reduction Claims and Therapeutic Claims
- Function Claims
- Nutrient Function Claims
- Probiotic Claims
- Use of the Term "Prebiotic(s)"
- General Health Claims
- Implied Health Claims
- Children Under Two Years of Age
- Testimonials and Guarantees Regarding Vitamin and Mineral Nutrients
- Additional Information
- Date modified: