Due to maintenance, this website may be temporarily unavailable January 17 from 2 am to 7 am (EST).
Allergen-free, gluten-free and cross contamination statements
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements.
Consult the Former – Allergen-free, gluten-free and precautionary statements for information on the former requirements.
On this page
- Gluten-free claims
- Fortification of gluten-free foods
- Food allergen cross contamination (or precautionary) statements
- "(Naming the food allergen)-free" claims
- Allergen-free claims in conjunction with precautionary labelling
- General "allergen-free" or "no allergens" claims
- "(Naming the food allergen source)-free" symbols
- Wheat-free claims on products containing canary seed
- "Does not contain nuts" claims on products containing coconut
- Additional information
- Date modified: