The Canadian Food Inspection Agency website is currently experiencing intermittent outages.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and would like to thank you for your cooperation.
Labelling requirements for maple products
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements.
Consult the Former – Labelling Requirements for Maple Products for information on the former requirements.
On this page
- Common name – maple products
- List of ingredients – maple products
- Net quantity – maple products
- Name and principal place of business – maple products
- Country of origin – maple products
- Grade name for maple syrup
- Colour classes of maple syrup
- Lot code
- Non-compliant maple syrup or maple products
- Maple syrup with nutrient added – export only
- Maple product substitutes
- Summary of mandatory labelling requirements for maple syrup and other maple products
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: