Available display surface (ADS)
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements.
Consult the Former – Available display surface (ADS) for information on the former requirements.
On this page
- Calculating the available display surface
- Ornamental containers
- Decorative containers
- Available display surface for tags
- Guidance on measuring ADS
Elements not included as part of the available display surface
- Areas destroyed upon opening
- Bag closures
- Eye spot
- Gabled ends
- Gathered ends of packaging material
- Labelling information on non-ADS surfaces
- Lids on jars and tubs
- Paper labels on the inside of clear packages
- Ridges in packaging material
- UPC symbol
- Very small areas of "continuous surface"
- Windows and transparent packaging
- Reference information
- Date modified: