Archived - Meat and Poultry Products
This page has been archived
This page was archived due to the coming into force of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. Archived information is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes only. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. For current information visit Food.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) verifies that meat and poultry products leaving federally-inspected establishments or being imported into Canada are safe and wholesome. The CFIA also monitors registered and non-registered establishments for labelling compliance and audits the delivery of a grading program based on objective standards of meat quality and retail yield.
What information is available?
- Food Safety Enhancement Program Manual
- Meat Hygiene Manual of Procedures
- Packaging and Labelling
- Livestock and Poultry Grading
- Reference Listing of Accepted Construction Materials, Packaged Materials and Non-Food Chemical Products
- Food export questions and answers about the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR)
Additional government and industry information
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Red Meat Market Information
- Canadian Meat Council
- Canadian Poultry and Egg Processors Council
- Further Poultry Processors Association of Canada
- Health Canada - Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)
- Provincially Registered Meat Establishments
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: