Archived - Imports
This page has been archived
This page was archived due to the coming into force of the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. Archived information is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes only. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. For current information visit Food.
The meat import program is designed to ensure imported meat products are equivalent to Canadian standards. The main considerations are consumer protection (public health) and prevention of introduction of a serious epizootic disease (animal health).
- Foreign countries establishments eligible to export meat products to Canada
- Meat Hygiene Manual of Procedures
- Automated Shipment Inspection Status Search Tool
- CFIA audits and assessments of food control systems in other countries
- Previously published reports on audits and assessments are available in archives maintained by Library and Archives Canada.
- Date modified: