Information for media
Safe Food for Canadians Regulations
Canada is widely regarded as having one of the strongest food safety systems in the world. But the speed, volume and complexity of food production have brought significant new risks and challenges.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has responded to these challenges with the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR). The regulations provide clear and consistent rules for food commodities so consumers can be confident that food on grocery shelves is safer to eat, whether it is produced in Canada or abroad.
Learn more about the new regulations:
- The case for change
- What the regulations mean for consumers
- Businesses and the SFCR
- Support for small businesses
- Changes to licensing
- Preventive Control Plans
- Importing food
- Exporting food
- Innovation and global competitiveness
- Consistency and efficiency of inspections
- What we heard during consultations and how the regulations changed
- Myths vs. Fact
Still have questions? Contact us.
For media requests, contact CFIA Media Relations at 613-773-6600.
- Date modified: