Packing food in containers
Although the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) came into force on January 15, 2019, certain requirements may apply in 2020 and 2021 based on food commodity, type of activity and business size. For more information, refer to the SFCR timelines.
These documents provide information related to packing food in containers and food packaging which may help operators to mitigate associated food safety risks. This information is intended to inform and support the development and implementation of a preventive control plan.
- Commercial sterilization of low-acid food in hermetically sealed containers: retort systems
- Flexible retort pouch defects – Identification and classification
- Food Packaging
- Guidance for food establishments concerning construction materials and packaging materials and non-food chemicals
- Guidance on resistance temperature detectors used as indicating thermometers for retort vessels
- Heat penetration studies
- Health Canada’s Guidelines for Determining the Acceptability and Use of Recycled Plastics in Food Packaging Applications
- Metal can defects – Identification and classification
- Visual examination of commercially sterile low-acid and acidified low-acid foods packed in hermetically sealed containers
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: