Former - Allergen-free, gluten-free and precautionary statements
On December 14, 2016, amendments to nutrition labelling, list of ingredients and food colour requirements of the Food and Drug Regulations came into force. Regulated parties have a five (5) year transition period to meet the new labelling requirements. This former page of the Industry Labelling Tool reflects the former requirements.
For information on the new labelling requirements, consult Allergen-free, gluten-free and cross contamination statements.
On this page
- Gluten-free claims
- Fortification of gluten-free foods
- Food allergen precautionary statements
- "(Naming the food allergen)-free" claims
- Allergen-free claims in conjunction with precautionary labelling
- General "allergen-free" or "no allergens" claims
- "(Naming the food allergen source)-free" symbols
- Wheat-free claims on products containing canary seed
- "Does not contain nuts" claims on products containing coconut
- Additional information
- Date modified: