National Import Service Centre
As part of its commitment to improving service for clients, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA), in cooperation with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), operates the National Import Service Centre (NISC).
What is the CFIA National Import Service Centre?
The National Import Service Centre processes import request documentation / data sent by the importing community across Canada. Staff review the information and return the decision electronically to the CBSA, which then relays it to the client or the broker/importer.
In addition, NISC staff handle telephone inquiries regarding import requirements for all commodities regulated by the CFIA and, when necessary, coordinate inspections for import shipments.
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (Eastern Time)
Telephone and EDI: 1-800-835-4486 or 1-877-493-0468 (Canada or U.S.A.)
1-289-247-4099 (local calls and all other countries)
Integrated Import Declaration (IID) Status
All importers and customs brokers are expected to now be only using the IID channel when declaring CFIA regulated goods to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). If you are experiencing issues in transitioning please contact email@example.com for additional support. Delaying your transition to full usage of the IID channel could lead to longer wait times when it comes to clearing your shipments, as our resources are now focused on supporting the improved declaration process.
- Notice to industry (2019-03-29) – Reminder: It's time to start using the integrated import declaration
- Notice to industry (2019-03-28) – Testing and certification for the Integrated Import Declaration (IID)
- Notice to industry (2019-01-07) – Service change for commercial importers or brokers who declare CFIA regulated imports to the CBSA
- Declaring CFIA regulated goods as Canadian Goods Returning
- Fact sheet: Single Window Initiative – Integrated Import Declaration
- Understanding a reject message sent through the Integrated Import Declaration (IID)
CFIA programs and services
- Automated Import Reference System (AIRS)
- Automated Shipment Inspection Status Search Tool (ASISST)
- AIRS Verification Service
Import related codes
- IID Government Agency Qualifier codes
- AIRS End Use Code
- AIRS Miscellaneous Code
- CFIA AIRS Registration Types
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: