Guidance documents for organic products
Although the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR) came into force on January 15, 2019, certain requirements may apply in 2020 and 2021 based on food commodity, type of activity and business size. For more information, refer to the SFCR timelines.
The following is a list of directives and memos sent to the designated Conformity Verification Bodies (CVBs) and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency accredited Certification Bodies (CBs).
- Directive 14-01 – Sampling and testing organic products
- Directive 10-06 – Approved for use in organic agriculture
- Directive 09-01 – Certification of organic products to the requirements of the Canada/US import-export agreement
- 2020-12-21 – Notice to the Canadian organic industry regarding trade of seaweed, chlorella and spirulina under the United States-Canada Organic Equivalency Arrangement
- 2020-12-11 – Notice to the Canadian organic industry regarding the implementation of revised Canadian Organic Agriculture Standards
- 2020-08-25 – Notice to the Canadian organic industry regarding the interpretation of the US-Canada Organic equivalency arrangement
- 2020-01-15 – Policy on the import for re-export of USDA NOP certified organic poultry products
- 2019-07-29 – Requirement for certification bodies to publish information of organic operators under the Canada Organic Regime
- 2015-08-07 – Use of the Canada organic logo on imported organic products
- 2014-05-20 – Requirements for certification of organic products at retail level under the Canada Organic Regime
- 2010-06-18 – Amendments to directive 09-01
- 2010-06-15 – US - Canada Organic Equivalency Arrangement
- Date modified: