This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (94 kb)
Pictures - PDF (134 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Quarta x Semlo) made by Kartoffelzucht Bohm, Luneburg, Germany.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4577
- Maturity: mid-season to late.
- Plants: tall, fast and spreading growth, rapid development. Few thick and erect stems, medium pigmented. Waved single, mostly prominent, wings.
- Leaves: large, drooping, dark green.
Terminal leaflets: broad, ovate; cordate and asymmetrical base; acuminate tip; slightly waved margins; often fused to the first set of primary leaflets.
Primary leaflets: six pairs, large, ovate, acute or acuminate tip; cordate base; shallow veins.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: 12 to 15.
- Flowers: large and numerous white flowers; flower buds persistant and not pigmented.
- Tubers: long, oval; light yellow smooth skin; dark yellow flesh; shallow eyes with slightly prominent eyebrows, in intermediate numbers and fairly even distribution.
- Sprouts: broad, cylindrical, deep blue purple, densely hairy; apex fairly large, half open; few and short lateral branches.
Very high yield variety. Large to very large tubers, attractive appearance, only slightly susceptible to internal bruising. Fairly high dry matter content. Long dormancy.
- Utilization: relatively firm to floury flesh; free from discolouration after cooking; excellent for baking, good for boiling and frying.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, processing and exportation.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: virus X, golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis Ro1).
Highly resistant: PVA, PVY.
Moderately resistant: tuber late blight.
Moderately susceptible: leaf roll, leaf late blight, common scab, powdery scab, Erwinia soft rot and Phoma.
Susceptible: potato wart.
References: 1, 2, 7.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: