This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (86 kb)
Pictures - PDF (142 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by BV de ZPC from the cross (Shepody x RZ-84-2580) in The Netherlands.
- Year registered in Canada: 2004
- Registration number: 5850
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: medium large, semi-erect; stems not or very weakly pigmented, wings moderately prominent.
- Leaves: yellowish green, moderately close, moderately pubescent.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly to medium ovate; often fused to the first primary leaflet; acute to acuminate tip; obtuse to cordate base; strongly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: five to six pairs, narrowly ovate, acute tip, cordate base.
- Flowers: numerous, white corolla; few to moderately numerous berries.
- Tubers: long oblong, large to very large; russetted tan coloured skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; slightly to moderately prominent eyebrows; pale yellow to yellowish-white flesh.
- Sprouts: large, broad cylindrical; weak red-violet pigmentation; medium to strong pubescence.
High yielding variety, uniform in grading. Rather good resistance to internal bruising. Medium to high dry matter content.
- Utilization: fairly firm to floury after cooking texture; suitable for fresh market and chipping.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, processing for chips.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart.
Resistant: pale cyst nematode (Globodera pallida pathotypes Pa 2,3).
Good resistance: leaf late blight.
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, PVX, PVY, tuber late blight, common scab.
References: 1, 7.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: