This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (11 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by C. Meyer B.V. from the cross (Cardinal x SVP (VTN)2 62-33-3) in Kruiningen (Holland).
- Year registered in Canada: 1998
- Registration number: 4703
- Maturity: medium late
- Plants: tall, spreading; medium number of fine stems, very branching and strongly pigmented; wings prominent, waved double; moderately swollen nodes, weakly to not pigmented.
- Leaves: dark green, open, pubescent; midribs and petioles weakly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; apex acuminate; base cordate and asymmetrical; medium wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; small, medium to broadly ovate; apex acuminate; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical.
Secondary leaflets: numerous.
- Flowers: numerous, small mauve corolla, very prominent star; bright yellow anthers; flower buds not pigmented; peduncles moderately pigmented; few to no berry production.
- Tubers: round; flaky red skin; shallow eyes, moderately numerous and evenly distributed; moderately prominent eyebrows; cream to light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, violet, moderately pigmented, moderately pubescent.
High yielding variety of attractive appearance, very uniform in size; rather susceptible to internal bruising. Short dormancy period; very high dry matter.
Remark: some mutants with white blooms and white tubers have been observed.
- Utilization: good tasting variety; very few to no discolouration after cooking; good for boiling and baking; very good for chipping.
- Chief Markets: seed export, chipping.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: PVA, PVX, pathotype A of potato cyst nematode.
Good resistance: PVY.
Moderately resistant: leaf roll, common scab, tuber blight.
Moderately susceptible: blackleg, powdery scab.
Highly susceptible: leaf blight.
References: 1, 3, 7.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: