AC Maple Gold
This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (78 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (Conestoga x FL1133) made in 1984 at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Potato Research Center in Fredericton, New Brunswick and selected by the Lethbridge Research Center, Alberta.
- Year registered in Canada: 2000
- Registration number: 5150
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: medium, semi-erect growth; stems medium thick, not pigmented; prominent straight single wings; nodes moderately swollen.
- Leaves: dark green, mid-open, pubescent; petioles and midribs not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base truncate and asymmetrical.
Primary leaflets: three pairs; medium ovate; tip acuminate, base truncate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: numerous; white corolla with very prominent star; orange anthers; flower buds persistent, highly pigmented; high berry production.
- Tubers: oval, uniform; smooth light yellow skin; shallow eyes, evenly distributed; eyebrows not prominent; medium yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid; base weakly pubescent with very strong red-violet pigmentation; apex strongly pubescent, green.
High yielding variety with medium number of tubers per plant. This variety should be grown with an in-row spacing of 30 cm. High specific gravity. Medium dormancy period. Good storability.
Remark: can be harvested early (80 days after planting) or stored for long periods of time without suffering deterioration in processing quality.
- Utilization: this variety was developed especially for french fry manufacture but it is also suitable for the fresh market; it has low after cooking discolouration and low boiling sloughing.
- Chief Markets: french fry, fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: fusarium wilt.
Moderately resistant: early blight.
Moderately susceptible: late blight, common scab.
Susceptible: verticillium wilt.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: