This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (10 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Jr. J. C. Dorst from the cross (Paul Kruger x Preferent) in Wageningen (Holland) in 1919
- Year registered in Canada: 1995
- Registration number: 4170
- Maturity: very late.
- Plants: medium, spreading growth; few, vigorous, thick stems, slight purple pigmentation; straight or slightly waved wings.
- Leaves: grayish green, fairly open, moderately large, rigid.
Terminal leaflets: obovate, corrugated, tip acute.
Primary leaflets: narrowly ovate, corrugated; tip acute; base asymmetrical; long petiolule.
- Flowers: numerous, medium size mauve corolla with white tips; late in development; few berries.
- Tubers: round to oval, large, uniform; fairly rough yellow skin; moderately shallow eyes; pale yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, small to medium; medium red-violet pigmentation, weaker at the apex; weak pubescence.
High yielding variety; tubers are usually quite uniform and have good resistance to internal bruising. Very late variety, seed should be prepared to advance maturity in Eastern Canada. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: fairly firm to floury flesh, little after cooking discolouration, good for boiling.
- Chief Market: seed exportation.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1)
Moderately resistant: late blight, common scab, PVA.
Moderately susceptible: leaf roll, PVX, PVY.
References: 1, 6, 7.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: